[at-l] New Reservation System at Katahdin

>"...OTOH I doubt that denying access to campsites which were reserved but
unused was part of the plan he envisioned. Modifications to the reservation
system which will hopefully expand enjoyment of the park are not
necessarily contrary to his wishes."

If it were my decision I would abolish the reservation system, close all the roads and make all campgrounds walk in. If more people showed up than the park could handle, I would simply move the parking lot further and further away. Buzz Caverly  may be evolving to this position. He has urged that the Roaring Brook campground be converted to walkin only.

Weary