[at-l] SORUCK AT hike...

I'll be leading a 7.9 mile hike of the AT on Saturday morning of the
SORUCK (weather permitting), starting at Tellico Gap, and ending back
at NOC.  This hike begins with a relatively sedate 1.4 mile ascent to
the ridgeline at Wesser Bald, where there is an observation tower with
stunning 360 degree views.  It is then a 1 mile ridgeline jaunt to the
Wesser Bald Shelter (water should be available from a spring nearby).
The hike continues on the ridgeline for another couple of miles through
a series of PUDS (Pointless-Ups-and-DownS), then begins a descent
(drastic at times) to the Rufus Shelter.  It is then a fairly sedate
descent to NOC.  I would rate this hike on the low side of strenuous,
due to some lengthy ascents and descents, some rock hopping, and some
narrow sidehill trail...

Anyone wishing to join this hike, please be in the community room
before 7am for a quick breakfast, then we will load my van for the
approx. 30 minute drive to Tellico Gap.  I'd like to get the hike
underway by 8am, which will get us back to NOC for lunch.  We'll need a
driver along to get my van back to NOC...

I'll post this info to the website tonight...

Pittsburgh and family