[at-l] Easy One Did it!

In a message dated 12/15/2004 4:31:54 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Snodrog5@aol.com writes:

> Barry, a 1996
> thru-hiker and three-time 2,000-Miler before that (in sections), completed
> his
> most unusual second thru-hike this year at age 81. He accomplished it by
> hiking in 16 pieces of a week to three weeks at a time, going home in
> between.

Kudos to Lee Barry aka Easy One!

It was only a matter of time before Earl's record of "oldest thru-hiker" got
broken and I'm sure Lee's will someday.  Maybe Lee will break it himself.
However, it's not likely Earl's distinction of "1st thru-hiker" will officially
be broken.

Wasn't Earl also the 1st to hike both ways?

Sly