[at-l] The Future of Shaw's

In a message dated 12/14/04 1:31:09 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Charlesvwood@aol.com writes:

> Does anyone know if Shaw's Boarding House will continue to function as such
>
> in the wake of Keith Senior's passing?

Hi Charles
 I called, and spoke briefly with Pat. We laughed a bit. There were hunters
having breakfast while we talked. I did not ask about next season. During an
October visit with Keith, Pat, & Keith Jr. we did talk about the next season
(hunting) and the next year's hiking season. Keith Sr was bragging on his fully
stocked hiking store, was joking about the Pie Lady's retirement, and making
plans for next summer. There was a rumor last season that the Shaw's had
retired, but Keith Sr and Pat worked and cooked every day of the hiking season. I
believe they'll stay open. I hope they do.
 There'll be a piece in the next ATN about Keith, his passing will be noted
in the Thruhiker's Companion, and if there are any big changes they'll be noted
in the Companion Update section on the ATC's webpage.
TJ, one of the Companion/Maine volunteers