[at-l] glucosamine and chondroitin?

I picked up Lyme disease in 99 while attempting to hike the AT.
It took a several 30 day doses of antibiotics for me to feel better.
My knees still hurt.
I started taking glucosamine and over several years my knees have
improved

There has been at least one medical  trial of glucosomine. D0 a google search on
"glucosamine trial" and sort through the results. A lot of companies cite the
trial and you have to look for the real results. Basically it said 1500 mg/day.

It takes a few months for the cumulative results to occur.
Some one on the pct-l list put out this link, and I have been buying
these pills for 2 or 3 years.

www.swansonvitamins.com

http://www.swansonvitamins.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10001&langId=-1&catalogId=10051&productId=12813

the product # is  SW679 and the name is  Mega Glucosamine 750

I usually buy 3 or 4 bottles to keep the shipping costs down.

I don't believe that  chondroitin does anything. It is found in the joints
and they seem to throw it in to raise the price and expectations.

Mike

--
http://www.engel.org/ihwm  (Courtesy of my friend Glenn Engel)

"I hike alone sometimes.Its during these            Mike Aken
solo hikes that the number of  arrogant             N7OUJ
and ignorant people I have  to deal
with is reduced to one".
                         Jack Hampson