[at-l] glucosamine and chondroitin?

I forgot to answer these:

At 07:36 PM 12/13/2004 -0500, Slyatpct@aol.com wrote:
>How long do YOU suggest taking it?

Forever. Your body rebuilds tissue less efficiently as you age (that is why
you age) and if you continue the activity that caused the wear (in your
case hiking) stopping the glucosamine will likely result in a repeat of the
problem. Of course you could give up hiking. LOL

>What's the proper dosage, how often?

The standard recommendation for glocosamine is 1500mg/day. I find 1000 is
sufficient for me. BTW on the recommendation of the vet, I give it to one
of my dogs too because he also has knee problems. You can take it once a
day. Some people recommend taking it with meals because you may experience
mild nausea if you take it alone. I've never experienced that but I guess
some people do.

I have no idea how much chondroitin is advisable, in fact I just looked at
my latest batch of glucosamine and it doesn't have any chondroitin.