[at-l] Mozilla Firefox (was List Making for Netscape) OT

At 10:25 AM 12/10/2004 -0800, Paul Magnanti wrote:
> >>Fast Felix beat me to it but I'll add that you
>really >>ought to download the
> >>version 7.2 update.
>
>Even better..don't bother going to Netscape anymore.
>Netscape is dormant. If you love Netscape, why not use
>Mozilla Firefox? It is an open source browser done by
>the same group that did Netscape. The core code is
>still the same as Netscape.
>
>In non-geek speak: It is an improvement over Netscape
>(and far superior to Internet Explorer 6.0!). Runs on
>many platforms (Windows, Mac, Linux), will import ALL
>your settings  (including mail and bookmarks) from
>Netscape and IE.  Has bult in pop-up blocking, tabbed
>browsing and some other neat features.

As does Netscape

>Unlike IE, it
>is not a gateway for Spyware.

The only reason for using IE is if you enjoy being a target.

>It is a fairly small
>download for Windows based machines (5 megs).

And it runs fast too.

>Been using it since this past summer on both my
>Windows and Linux machines and love it! The only
>caveat is that some sites that use propietary
>Microsoft extensions/software will not work as well.
>Those sites are increasingly rare; you can always use
>IE for those rare sites.
>
>And finally, it is not just geeks using this browser.
>:-)  I always tell our clients to use it who are
>definiely "Ma and Pa user" in many cases. USA Today of
>all places gave it a glowing reviews. Talk about
>mainstream!
>
>Just download it.If you like Netscape, you'll love
>Firedox. If you use IE and don't like Spyware, time to
>switch.  Doing my part to spread the Firefox religion.
>:-)
>
>http://www.mozilla.org/

It's not a religion for me but I have it and it's one of my 2 main browsers
(Netscape is the other). I run multiple browsers to check how my site will
appear to users. Mozilla Firefox is cool but I have a longtime attachment
to Netscape.