[at-l] The passing of a legend: Keith Shaw dies

In a message dated 12/8/2004 3:04:35 PM Eastern Standard Time,
daveh@psknet.com writes:

> They are not real cold,
> but they're good enough." -- as we snuck one out back in a futile attempt to
>
> keep Pat from knowing what he was up to.

That reminds me of the time Keith invited me into his cow barn.

"Sly, what to do a snort?"  I thought, what's he going to offer me a line of
coke?  "Sure!", knowing he wouldn't.  Keith reached into a pile of hay and
pulled out a quart of whisky and handed it to me.  "Chaser?"  "Yeah!", as he
reached in to another pile of hay and pulled out a two liter of ginger ale.

The next morning, Keith was off to do a shuttle, but made sure to thank me
for  staying with him before he left.  I'll always remember that.  He was a
great guy.

Sly