[at-l] NOC SORUCK???

Not meaning to jump the gun, but NOC may be the solution for the
SORUCK.  Sly has done the phone contact, and he and I will most likely
be driving there to check out the facilities in person.  This may
happen tommorrow (Wednesday) or Sunday.  Keep looking for other
facilities in case this does not pan out.  I'll post an update either
tommorrow or Sunday...

NOC, if the facilities can accomodate us, is an excellent solution.  It
is away from the beaten path and is smack dab on the trail (milepost
134.1 at the Nantahala River).  There are various overnight
accomodations (tenting, bunkhouses, cabins, a trail shelter less than a
mile up the trail, and a few floors to flop on if need be), including
motels in Bryson City, just 11 miles away.  There is a restaurant,
bathhouse, laundry, and a full service outfitter.  There are great
hike-to-the-RUCK opportunities from the North and the South, plus
wonderful day-hike opportunities - all on our beloved trail.  It don't
get much better than this...

Whether this pans out or not, give Sly a hand...

Pittsburgh and family