[at-l] Re: Comics was Snow Cream

At 10:30 PM 12/6/2004 -0500, W F Thorneloe wrote:
>At 10:08 PM 12/6/2004 -0500, Jim Bullard wrote:
>>Depending on the comic it may be major bummer. I actually had the 1st
>>issue of MAD Magazine when I was a kid. Yeah, that's why I grew up the
>>way I did.
>Was that the one with Mortimer Mouse that almost got the magazine canned
>from the start? I had that one also, from a cousin who had no idea how
>cool it was. Of course, I don't have it either anymore.

I don't recall all the strips in the 1st issue. I had the 1st 4 or 5 issues
and don't recall what was in which issue but I do recall seeing many years
later what those issues were then worth and being exasperated that my
mother "cleaned up" my room when I went into the Army. I hope my wife
doesn't take it into her head to do the same thing when I take a long hike.
I know my accumulation of 'junk' annoys her.