[at-l] A little fleece bag

Try some smallish bubblewrap and duct tape.  Cut the bubblewrap to fit the
item and then hold it all together wtih duct tape.  You can even fashion
loops out of the duct tape to fit on pack straps.  I would also fashion a
tongue and groove/loop system so I could get easy access to the camera but
still keep it moderately protected.

I've done a couple of camera cases this way and they've worked out pretty
well.  Sometimes field repairs are necessary, but with duct tape on hand, it
was never a problem.

Mara
Stitches, AT99

http://friends.backcountry.net/m_factor