From: W F Thorneloe [mailto:thornel@attglobal.net]
Sent: Saturday, December 04, 2004 5:45 PM
To: at-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: RE: [at-l] What's your favorite plastic hat?

David wonders about hats for a planned Florida Trail hike.

There are plenty of brimmed nylon hats that will cover face and ears
from
the sun. Baseball caps are popular, but don't cover the ears. Most folks

will use the hood from your shell as the best rain hat. There are very
nice
Panama style hats, but the ones that are easy to fold and stash are
pretty
expensive.

OrangeBug