[at-l] How much does food weigh?

Carbs (ramen, pop-tarts, oatmeal) and protein have 4 cals/gram, at ~25
grams/ounce that's ~100 cals/oz (closer to 110). Fats have 9 cals/gram,
more than twice as caloric as carbs. While 32 ounces (2 pounds) of carbs
has some 3500 calories, add some fats and you can boost that over 4000/day.

A side note: Alcohol has, I believe, 8 cals/gram. Has anyone tried
drinking their way up the trail? I mean successfully past Damascus?
Maybe with vitamin supplements? After all, there was a reason that
porters were fed stout and porter!

- On-the-wagon Greenbriar, some 44 pounds into his 100 pound diet