[at-l] DVD for the Holidays

At 01:12 PM 12/3/2004 -0500, Douglas Morse wrote:
>2000 Miles to Maine is available directly from the <a
>href="http://homepage.newschool.edu/~at2k/";>producer</a> or on Amazon.
>
>The editor of BackpackingLight says "You'll have to forget about the
>desire for elegance and need for introspection that plagues most amateur
>wilderness filmmakers. 2000 Miles to Maine, rather, is a comic adventure
>requiring some level of identification with thru-hiking mentality, the
>ability to forgive the faults of imperfect characters, and a complete
>disregard for the rules followed by more traditional walkumentaries."

I have a copy and it's good. It gets the Saunterer recommendation. ;) BTW -
I got my copy on Ebay where they show up with some regularity. In fact
there are 3 copies available right now for $19.95 using "Buy It Now". Item
# 6346634672 (1 copy) and 6344746330 (2 copies). They are listed as running
85 minutes with the 'bonus' material.

Also available right now are "North to Katadhin" DVDs. Item # 6344862499
and 6345915313, both up for bids, one ending in roughly a day and a half,
the other in roughly 2 and a half. This one only runs 28 minutes but it is
an "award winning" documentary. I haven't seen this one and have a hard
time believing they could really cram the essence of a 2160 mile trail into
28 minutes but then, I'm not a film-maker. Maybe they did. Anyone seen it?