[at-l] The Priest And The Pooch

We just did a short trip between The Priest and Shenandoah Park.  The
strangest thing happened on the south side of the Priest.  All of a
sudden we realized that a beagle was following us down the trail.  It
neither barked nor begged for food, just acted content, almost as if it
was looking for folks with which to hike.  After following us for about
three miles we met up with a friend who was hiking the other way.  We
stopped and chatted and when we left the dog was not to be found.  Our
friend told us that the dog followed him for a couple of miles then
disappeared.  He did not think much more of it until he was driving down
the road, about six miles away, and saw what seemed to be the identical
dog strolling down the road.

Anyone see this dog before?

Kevin A. Lane

SLIWA & LANE