[at-l] Re: at-l Digest, Vol 20, Issue 2

In a message dated 12/2/2004 9:04:59 AM Eastern Standard Time,
at-l-request@backcountry.net writes:

> . I am strongly introverted (100) but only slightly judging (11).

Jan, this is a perfect example of how we pop in and out of "type."  Having
FINALLY met you at the Gathering, I would have thought that person to be an
extrovert.  But here you are!  An introvert like me!  I "extrovert" on such
occasions for a while, but then I'm back where I'm more comfortable, enjoying from
the sidelines.

"J", as I understand it, refers to being uncomfortable unless you know what's
ahead.  I have characterized this in myself as having to have a list of
EXACTLY where I'll be, what I'll eat, etc. every day on the trail.  Once out there,
however, I tend more to let it flow without worrying too much about it.  (I
sit right on the line between J and P, so "waffle" as some people might say.)

What Meyers-Briggs gives me is the perspective that, not to worry, that's
just my way of coping with life, whatever the day may bring.

Kinnickinic