[at-l] Turkey, sweet potatoes and red sand: a trip report

At 01:22 PM 11/30/2004 -0800, Paul Magnanti wrote:
>Saw much overturned
>vehicles (ALL of them were SUVs!), people skidding.
>Made for some white knuckled driving to say the least.

I've posted before and will repeat the pitfalls of 4 wheel drive:
    * It can fool you into thinking conditions are better than they are
    * It doesn't stop any better than 2 wheel drive
    * It will get you farther from help before you get stuck
>Got back to Boulder at 10:30 PM. Did my laundry,
>cleaned out my gear. Collapsed.
>
>Was another great trip and a wonderful way to spend
>Thanksgiving.

I'm glad to hear the hiking was better than the coming and going. I didn't
hike but *both* kids got home for Thanksgiving. It's the 1st time in 7
years they both made it. This dad was happy.