[at-l] Re: Happy Tofurkey Day

In a message dated 11/25/04 14:01:07 Eastern Standard Time,
OlympicDreams04@cs.com writes:

> I salute all of
> you out there keeping turkeys off your tables, and for those of you
> indulging,
> happy thanksgiving to you too.

Thanks for the salutation and good wishes!  It truly was a good day, Turkey
and all.  Oh, yeah, the Turkey met its demise quite a while before we ordered
it for our table.  I believe it was Kelly who said that it took her 6 hours to
prepare the Thanksgiving meal.  Well, the same here -- perhaps a little more
time -- and as I heard Julia Child say (film version) "There is joy in the
cooking but also in the preparing and the cleaning up."  So true!  Each step in
the process is an opportunity to love.  It is especially great when there is a
partnership in the process, whether it is a married partner or a friend
(hopefully the friendship is paramount in the partnership).  I especially enjoy the
scrubbing of the pots and encrusted serving dishes.  Don't know why except it
is good to conquer and restore.  A bad trait?  I think not!  I know that it is
appreciated by one who cares.  Besides, it is fun!

There were nine sitting around the Table on Thanksgiving afternoon.  No one
announced it beforehand but there were 4 South Beach/Atkins people among them
so there is leftover Stuffing (Dressing to you who call it that), and candied
Sweet Potatoes and lots of Mashed Potatoes.  The Turkey is gone!  We had a
nineteen pounder and there is just enough thigh meat left for a sandwich or two.
The carcass will go into a pot for Turkey Soup or Stew (depending upon how
many vegetables get the bath), so the bird will provide a few more meals for next
week.  Of course my Atkins Plan went away for the weekend (two more parties
are scheduled) and there are two more dinners out with friends this week and
then a two week Atkins focus until Christmas Day.

But this morning I woke up with a big desire to get out and walk.  So this
afternoon one of the parks in this city will have my presence.  Eating gives
energy and energy requires release or storage of energy will occur.  I have
enough stored energy.

Happy Hiking!

Skylander