[at-l] bridgedale socks - comment and question

<<2)  A good friend of mine just returned from Europe raving about a
different brand - Rohner - they are supposed to be the absolute best of
the best; i just bought a pair, and they look excellent, but I have not
"trail-tested" them yet - has anyone out there had some long distance
hiking experience with Rohners?>>

I have a couple pairs from Sierra Trading Post, I believe they're the
Rohner Expedition socks.
They are made out of a very dense wool blend, the sole of the socks
resembles felt more than traditional wool socks. While they are very
comfortable to hike in they tend to be on the warm side. And given the
density of the wool you can pretty much forget about drying them here in
the great north-east unless you're in a laundrymat.

skeeter