[at-l] Big, Big Tub--A Quandary

>"...Another good use for an old
Bathtub is as a planter in the front yard or as a Birdbath, or a water trough
for Horses or Deer or ...... ?Or, how about an outdoor bathing place (contact
Shane for details)? ?

Someone (who?) suggested that a new home should be lived in for a year before
any changes are made -- same goes for the outside gardens, etc., so that one
can see the value that is present. Of course if Bathrooms and Kitchens are
obsolete perhaps that rule does not apply."

I understand that there is quite a bit of demand for old iron bathtubs with legs in good condition. Aside from bathtubs (and especially toilets) making pretty ugly planters, I would make a few calls around and maybe place a want ad in a newspaper before doing such a thing.

Having seen several beautiful old houses damaged by premature and ill thought out remodeling, I have long believed in living in an old house for at least a year before making drastic remodeling decisions. The family that bought my grandfathers house said they did so because they "just loved" the old kitchen -- and then promptly tore it all out and made it an entirely modern kitchen.

But I'm not complaining, after using the place as a summer home for three decades and giving our town land trust most of their waterfront land, the couple sold the house for 10 times what they had paid.

Weary