[at-l] Big, Big Tub--A Quandary

It's costing me $400.00+ to get this thing out of the bathroom upstairs.
It's cast iron, at least six feet long, proportionately deep and wide.  Its
pretty little feet are undamaged as is its gleaming white finish.  Its weight is so
great that it must be removed by a lift through the bathroom window,
fortunately a w-i-d-e one, in much the same way a 900-lb. dead man would be removed
from his upstairs apartment.

So, it is gently placed on the grass below.  What happens then?

A woman who is helping me with the boxes and the dirt in-between would like
to have it.  My son-in-law wants me to save it for him.  The previous owner
wants it.  I hate it,         but . . . .

There is a small, 100+ year-old building in my backyard that has a loft
inside.  It was obviously used as a dwelling at one time because of the wallpaper
that still hangs on some of the walls.  It is musty but not nearly so much so
as when it was filled with odds and ends stored there by the previous owner.
It pleases me, as do most structures with lofts, and I have fleeting, wistful
thoughts of creating from it a guest house (as in a stopover place for my AT
friends).  I think that it needs a stairs on the outside, a couple of windows,
and a small bathroom, including the monstrosity previously described, which
would be doubtlessly be the highlight.

I mentioned this fleeting thought to the previous owner last night.  He said,
"Sawnie, don't even go there.  It's not worth it."  I asked him why.  He
finally allowed as how it is too old.

So am I, but I try not to let that stop me.

Kinnickinic