[at-l] Letter to the Editor: Intolerance Is Not a 'Value'

In regard to the letter to the editor regarding the teacher who was gay.
What does this have to do with hiking?

But to the point of your inclusion of this matter on the at-l it is my
opinion that people need to keep their sexuality issues to themselves whether gay,
lesbian, heterosexual, swingers, promiscuous philanderers, auto-sexuals,
transsexuals, transvestites, or whatever expression of sexuality they may have.  The
problem in all of this is when people decide to "share" their sexual
expression with people who really couldn't care less about another person's sexuality
unless they are involved in the partnership or group affected.  So what if a
person is asexual, or active?  It really does not matter to me what the
orientation of another person may be unless they are obnoxious about it and come on
to me without invitation.

So, the fact that this teacher was gay does not matter to me.  What matters
is that he was a good teacher.  Small town mores are what they are.  People
should not persecute others because they are different.  But the best policy as
far as I am concerned is to keep one's sexuality private.

Sky