[at-l] (WAS) Monday Humor (OT)

I think those words mean that government and religion should be kept separate. Belief in God is an integral part of most religions, but not all. So when government amends a document to require a reference to God it is beginning that slippery slope of establishing a religion. The same is true when public employees post in public buildings text from religious books, books subscribed to by some, but not all regions, (but not adhered to by any.)

Since the constitution also sets up a Supreme Court to be the final arbiter of what the constitution means and since the supreme court has ruled again and again that the words mean that religion and government should be kept separate and couch their decisions in terms of separation of church and state, that is what the words mean -- though admittedly that could change if George II appoints the same kind of unqualified judges as did George I.

Weary