[at-l] Monday Humor

At 11:37 AM 11/16/2004 -0500, Walt Daniels wrote:
> > > You've never burned an American flag.
> > >
>Actually burning the flag is the official way of disposing of badly damaged
>or worn out flags. You don't just throw them in the trash.

BTW  I have a badly faded one that needs to meet a respectable end but it's
nylon or polyester (something synthetic). When they made up those rules
flags were natural stuff like cotton or wool. Can you burn synthetic
material or does it just turn into a sticky ball of goop like most plastics
do? You aren't supposed to burn plastic because it releases dioxin into the
atmosphere when you do. There's an open burning battle going on here
because farmers are burning the plastic wrap they use to cover those huge
round bails to keep them from rotting. Technology at work.