[at-l] Short canoe trip--Weeki Wachee River

In a message dated 11/15/2004 3:38:23 PM Eastern Standard Time,
stevel122@netscape.net writes:
*
*
*
All to accommodate those who continue to flock there, thus creating the
demand to dewater, fill, build, and destroy habitat so they can live in
tony residences on Marco, Captiva, Sanibel, etc.
*
*
*

              You might want to catch up to the reality of that comeback.
Sanibel is maxed-out and has the highest percentage of conservation land of any
Florida barrier island. They take flak for it from local neandertals who think
that is "environmental extremism" etc in local letters in the newspaper.
Lately there's been some slanderous characterization in the same paper of the rich
elitists out here "getting what they deserve" etc. Myself, I find that in
conflict to the pro-rich agenda enthusiastically voted in by the same people
recently. But having it both ways seems to be popular of late.

             This changes nothing I wrote and the problem still stands...