[at-l] Politics and Religion

In a message dated 11/12/2004 7:40:57 PM Eastern Standard Time,
lbooher@pure.net writes:
*
*
*
In our case, since we don't talk about religion, what we've replaced it with
are the Environment and the Original Intentions of Benton McKaye.  These are
things that some people get so passionate about that it drives the rest of us
away from them.  You can feel the winds of passion blowing off the computer
screen.  That's why we need to avoid these subjects.
*
*
*

           I agree with Weary that the need to sever an unseverable part of
the AT is schizophrenic and probably just as much a source of the "problem" as
anything else. But maybe we can just ignore anyone who shows a responsible
knowledge of the AT with the excuse that they cause too much "passion"??? If you
ask me ATC is re-organizing exactly because that ethic wasn't working. The AT
is more than the petty needs of list members. Maybe those complaining should
wake up and realize that...

*