[at-l] FACT

>>Well, I'm going to the Renaissance Festival this
>>weekend.  That's kind of like hanging out with
hikers >>that take themselves way too seriously.

Hmmm...funny thought of backpackers dressed in RenFest
clothing and talking in pseudo-Shakespearean language.

"I say lass, doth need to hand me thy Leki's"
"Verily I say, the glow of thou Whisperlite beckons
and hath much flame"

Of course, for an authentic RenFest the smell and
dishevelded appearence of most thru-hikers would fit
in.
Though, I think most RenFests try to avoid historical
accuracy. A whole faux town that hasn't bathed in many
weeks would be quite, er, interesting.

=====
--Thoreau
http://www.magnanti.com