From: greyowl@rcn.com [mailto:greyowl@rcn.com]
Sent: Monday, November 08, 2004 10:21 AM
To: GoVolsKelly@aol.com; at-l@backcountry.net
Subject: Re: [at-l] Hikin Song Part 2

My point exactly, but I think Copper Kettle should be the
state song.

Get you a copper kettle, get you a copper coil
Fill it with new made corn mash and never more you'll toil
You'll just lay there by the juniper while the moon is bright
Watch them just a-filling in the pale moonlight.

Build you a fire with hickory, hickory, ash and oak
Don't use no green or rotten wood, they'll get you by the
smoke
You'll just lay there by the juniper while the moon is bright
Watch them just a-filling in the pale moonlight.

My daddy he made whiskey, my granddaddy he did too
We ain't paid no whiskey tax since 1792
You'll just lay there by the juniper while the moon is bright
Watch them just a-filling in the pale moonlight.

OK, OK, so it was written by a Jewish boy from Minnesota, but
at least his first name was Bob.

Grey Owl