[at-l] red, white and blue

Weary suggests that an Internet campaign could raise money for the
protection of the AT, citing that Howard Dean raised hundreds of millions
of dollars.

Actually, Dean burned thru only $40 before crashing. I'm one of those
Deaniacs that contributed. The organization he created was very
sophisticated and expensive.

We have an organization that accepts donations and frequently solicits us
for those. The ATC is pretty good at this. I suspect they have a higher
profile and more experience in dealing with land acquisition. I'm far more
likely to give to an organization with a proven track record, rather than
watching another meteor light up the skies before disappearing into the
darkness.

OrangeBug