[at-l] red, white and blue

In a message dated 11/9/2004 11:32:05 PM Eastern Standard Time,
shane@theplacewithnoname.com writes:

I don't  think that SUVs are nearly the problem that some of these older  cars
are.  I bought a Ford Escape, and I get much better gas mileage  and cleaner
emissions than my '85 Chevy S-10 got.  It sure beats the  crap out of my
neighbors '72 Caddy...

**

The problems aren't always the SUV's.
In my area it's the laws. No inspections, no emissions tests, no reason to
get a cleaner burning car. Lots of people in SC driving smokey, beater  cars,
because they can... And some because they can't afford new ones.  Gotta
fix the laws, so emissions get tested everywhere.

hotdog