[at-l] I hate November

November of last year, I found out my Daddy had lung cancer.  As ya'll know
(or at least I told ya'll) he died less than two months after that.  I just
found out that his momma, and my last living grandparent (Maa-Maw) died.  She was
100.  She was never well enough for us to even tell her that daddy died.  I
take comfort in the fact that she arrived in heaven and was greeted by my dad,
and she said, "Jay-Yum!  Wha-uht in-yun thay hay-yull ore yew doin' hair?"
And Daddy saying, "Way-yul, Maw, I reckon thay din' wanna tay-yull yew becuz
yew's see-uck."

She baby sat me and her nephew, Chippy. (I know, we got weird nicknames in
the south) and Chippy called her Aunt Mae.  Well, I be durned if I was gonna
call her "Maa-Maw." Noooooo.  I called her Aunt Mae, too.  Out of the 100 or so
grandkids she had, she knew me, because I's the only one that called her "Aunt
Mae."  She's gone now.  I'm very, very sad.

I'm an official member of not only the Little Girls Without Their Daddy's
club, but now I'm a member of Little Girls Without Grandparents club.  I'm
thinking I don't like these clubs too much.

God, I hate November.

BrokenHeartGoVols