[at-l] OT - NYC Marathon

In a message dated 11/8/2004 2:22:06 PM Eastern Standard Time,
pmags@yahoo.com writes:

A friend  of mine ran the NYC marathon. It was his
first one. Did it in 4:05.

A warning to OB. Your daughter is probably  addicted
now.
:-)

Finishing your first marathon is a wonderful  feeling.
One you want to re-create again and again. I never did
a big  race like the NYC marathon. Can only imagine
what the energy level must be  like!

OR, they will never want ot run another one... LOL!
I fell into this category after the Marine Corps Marathon in 1990.
I ran a 5:30 and hurt for the last 10 miles (and for days  after).
By the time I figured out I may actually want to run another one, I
didn't have good enough knees to do it. Sigh... It was an awesome
feeling running that race (the people cheering you on make the race).

hotdog