[at-l] Doing a thru-hike with an iPod

I have heard many many reports that the belkin media reader SUCKS
battery life like crazy... I have also heard many reports that it is
very slow to transfer data off the media cards. Now these reports were
for the original media reader so they may have improved it.. But I
would hold some test on filling up your card then downloading them to
the ipod.. check how long it takes and how much batter life it sucks
up.

You may also want to get the ipod hack that changes the battery life
meter to numbers so you know exactly how much battery life you have
remaining.

I have taken the ipod on some small trips with the belkin AA battery
pack. But don't take it often due to the weight. I also have the voice
recorder attachment to make voice journals... but I haven't gotten
down how to get good quality yet.

SimpleHiker