[at-l] Very short hike--Utah

>>Sounds like a wonderful day of hiking and I am ready

>>to pack up my bags, grab my wife and head west.

Well Grey Owl I am going to spend my 4th Thanksgiving
in a row in Utah. This time the Robbers' Roost area
just west of Canyonlands NP. Will have a trip report
and photos.

The area where we plan on hiking has some of the
largest amount of pictographs out west. This area is
somewhat infamous for one reason; Blue John Canyon is
the slot canyon where Aron Ralston had to cut off his
arm. Due to having a dog in tow, my friends and I have
decided to do a different slot instead.

Should be another wonderful Turkey Day weekend.

My mother was a bit incredulous when I told her would
be spending a 4th Thanksgiving in the desert. :-)

=====
--Thoreau
http://www.magnanti.com