[at-l] Early AM Astronomers

On Nov 5, 2004, at 9:28 AM, GoVolsKelly@aol.com wrote:

> This morning it was actually cool enough (78 degrees) that I didn't
> need a
> second shower by the time I got to work. (You can sweat buckets just
> walking to
>  your car, walking into Starbucks, walking back out to your car..)
> And, it's
> not  quite snowbird season, so my 8 mile commute only took 30 minutes.
>  Palm
> trees were doing the wave as I drove by and I noticed that people have
> dug up
> their coladiums and replaced them with small bunches of impatients
> that will
> grow into big bushy bunches of color.  I only had one moron on the a
> cell
> phone with their head up their a$$ slow me down.  No one pulled out in
>  front of
> me, no one gave me the finger when I tooted my horn to remind them
> that  in
> America, green means go, and the line at Starbucks was only 9 people
> long,  and
> included the hot but gay guy that looks like Jude Law.  So all in all,
>  it
> was a pleasant commute.  Gotta love the fall.

We had a big wind come up overnight.  All the leaves went away!  I am
distraught!
I'm going on a trailride tomorrow and all I'm going to see is tree
trunks.

In addition to the leaves, the electricity went away.  I determined
that just under
a third of the drivers know or care that you should treat a dead
stoplight as a stop sign.
And I found that all the gas pumps had no power, so I might be doing
some
spur of the moment hiking today if the power doesn't come back soon.
If
only I'd worn my hiking boots instead of my cozy sheepskin boots.

-amy in powerless Maryland