[at-l] OT morfed from sox and other stuff

At 11:30 AM 11/4/2004 -0600, Shane wrote:
> > I didn't say I was in a hurry to retreat to Canada (too attached to the
> > Adirondacks), only that it was an option I take comfort in. One gets a
> > different view of Canada from the average American when one has family
> > there, both my wife's and mine. Not only am I married to a Canadian but
> > half my grandparents were Canadians and I have cousins still living there.
>
>Just redraw the map.
>
>http://idisk.mac.com/glwebb-public/new_map.jpg
>
>Shane

You don't know how funny that really is. Here in NNY there have been
proposals in the past (so far none that were really serious) for the
Northern part of the state to secede for the US and become part of Canada.
My own contribution to the idea was to call our new province "Upper York".
:) BTW By my own estimation (others have put it higher), 70% of the hikers
in the Adirondack High Peaks on a holiday weekend are Canadians. If we were
part of Canada, at least they would be helping pay for the park they are using.