[at-l] Did Anybody Else Get This One?

At 09:39 AM 11/4/2004 -0500, ATtrailhiker@wmconnect.com wrote:
>Yes, you are right. I hope I do find out that it really isn't true. But why
>would so much be made up?  Boy, they must really not

It's not always a "lie" in the sense that the accuser deliberately made
something up in an effort to hurt someone else. Look at the child
molestation cases have been overturned because it was later discovered that
children were 'coached' into giving testimony they thought the questioners
wanted to hear. Look more recently at the passion with which veterans on
one boat hold an entirely different view of an event 35 years ago than the
veterans on Kerry's boat. I have personal experience with false accusations
based on mis-perception. I know how easy it is to be judged by rumor or
accusation without evidence. We have seen *one* report of these allegations
coming from a blog in a foreign country. Let's not rush to judgement.