[at-l] Did Anybody Else Get This One?

In a message dated 11/4/04 00:37:47 Eastern Standard Time, lbooher@pure.net
writes:

> The disturbing part is his being an accused child molester who lives on
> money that he won from a law suit that developed from that, as well as the fact
> that there are still charges pending against him in GA on a molestation case.
>  With all that hanging over him, he still has six children of his own.  And
> we're venerating this man for hiking with a prosthesis.  That's what's
> disturbing.  And the fact that he gets $4000/mo support money from the government
> as tax-free disability payments for shooting himself!
>
> Doesn't all of this bother you?

Accusations are not convictions.  He is innocent until proven guilty.  Yeah,
that is the way it is supposed to be in this great country of ours.  But it is
disturbing that he is getting disability for a self inflicted wound.  But
then I do not know the details of the determination and why he was awarded the
money and also why should his financial resources be of any concern to me.  I
cannot change his circumstances (heck, I have trouble changing my own
circumstances) and I am not aware of everyone's finances on the AT.  Why should I be
disturbed?

Also the article said that he had been bitten by a rattlesnake in his
prosthetic leg.  I thought that rattlers did not attack unless there was some
warm-blooded object as a target.  Something else to study.