[at-l] Bear Attacks Baby

The quote below indicates that the area was NOT in the Catskills (though many
have identified the area as the "Jewish Catskills."  Why I am not sure.)  The
real Catskills is located north of Kingston, NY and can be seen on a NY State
map.  Even so, the area where the attack happened has lots of bears.

"The attack happened in the heart of what is known as the Borscht Belt, which
beckoned to tourists and big name stars in the post-World War II era. Big
hotels and bungalows attracted thousands of visitors each summer, many of them
Jewish families from New York City. Scattered bungalow colonies still remain."

I can remember photographing black bears in Yellowstone National Park in
1970, and seeing cars lined along the road with people bought and even mugging
with the bears so that the folks back home would have proof that they had seen
the bears at Yellowstone.  The black bears seemed tame though the officials had
posted warnings everywhere.

Skylander