[at-l] Bear Repellent

In a message dated 11/3/04 22:37:42 Eastern Standard Time, lbooher@pure.net
writes:

> Didn't a black bear snatch a baby out of its stroller in the Adirondacks
> the same year that the lady was killed by a black bear in the Smokies?  Maybe
> it was in the Poconoes.  anklebear

There was one incident, that I recall, where this happened in what some refer
to as "the Catskills" but which are not within the Catskill Mountains
according to the map.  It was in the region south of the Catskill Mountains by some
30-50 miles.  Of course it could have happened elsewhere as well.  Food to a
hungry bear is perceived on a variety of levels.  They seek nourishment and are
omnivores without regard to humanity or vegetation.  Hunger in the wild can be
a terrible thing.

Skylander