[at-l] Bear Repellent

<<Now that ehy are hunted they are not all that
agressive anymore.>>

The Jersey bears or the Jersey girls? <g>

More in reference to griz, I heard some questions raised about the famous
bear bells. The belief is that the griz hear them as just some other kind
of bird and don't pay much attention. Metal on metal gets their attention
faster (think metal spoon on metal cup). Breaking sticks also apparently
works as it triggers the warning that something is approaching, but you'd
have to carry a big bundle of sticks in bear country. Talking and singing
are supposed to work, and given all the tracks that I saw with Jim and
Ginny without actually seeing wildlife shows that travelling in a group
achieves the same thing...

skeeter