[at-l] OT morfed from sox and other stuff

At 11:25 PM 11/1/2004 -0500, TrailR@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 11/1/2004 5:42:10 PM Eastern Standard Time,
>Bror8588@aol.com writes:
>
>I make  my surmise from the many participatory sporting events that the guy
>from  MA indulges in with camera's a rolling (windsurfing, shooting the
>geese,
>skiing,
>ski-dooing, etc.).
>
>LOL!
>
>Actually, EVERYTHING they indulge in has cameras rolling.  Whether they
>want them or not. Probably a hidden privy Cam somewhere...

News photographers are merely a less obnoxious form of paparazzi. Once you
have been determined to be a celebrity or have newsworthy status it is
difficult to shake the media's cameras. When I was a young photographer I
had ambitions to be a photojournalist and did some news photography on a
local level. One of the things that turned me off from pursuing that career
was that in order to get the photos the editors wanted I sometimes had to
be obnoxious. While I am not a particularly social person (understatement)
I don't care to be obnoxious either and I am particularly loath to take
advantage of people when they are at their most vulnerable, just to get a
photograph. I guess that's why I ended up shooting mostly landscapes.