[at-l] Trip Report

Here's a "trip report" submitted for your enjoyment. My wife and I ran in the 27th Annual Tulsa Run yesterday. We ran the 5k through downtown Tulsa. It was a beautiful day with a big crowd of great people. Not exactly a hiking trip and didn't quite finish as well as I'd like, but my legs sure feel like I hiked all day...

BB

W F Thorneloe <thornel@attglobal.net> wrote:
Felix wonders about the arcane slogan "PIP it".

Go to www.PIP.com and you will find a document and printing company, which
will also help you fill up millions of mailboxes with junk mail. Primarily,
it is a company for "direct marketing" for small and medium sized businesses.

Now a much more attractive "pipit" is the common name for a group of
chiefly Eurasian and African birds that together with the wagtails
constitute a subfamily of songbirds related to the Old World warblers and
thrushes. Pipits are trim, slender birds with thin, pointed bills. They are
chiefly terrestrial and walk or run rapidly, catching insects on or near
the ground. The pipit's plumage is streaked and mottled brown; the
wagtail's is more boldly patterned. Pipits resemble larks and are sometimes
called field larks, or titlarks. The few American species include the
water, or rock, pipit, Anthus spinoletta, which breeds in the Arctic and
winters in the E United States, and the Sprague's pipit of the Great
Plains, noted for the spectacular courtship flight and song of the male.

But I'm sure you knew that from the gitgo.

Another PIP it, is Picture In Picture, as in trying to follow two or more
football games, with one in a tiny little box at the corner of the TV
screen, and hitting PIP button to switch between the two, just in time to
see what Janet Jackson is doing.

But the worst is the fact that I recall the "PIP it" slogan and hate how
effective that marketing was.

Oh, the humanity of it all.

OrangeBug