[at-l] Re: Bladders, Was water purification

Hey...why not just do like Native Americans used to and carry a small stone under your tongue until you get to the next watering hole?  And, they chewed on plants to extricate fluids to help them along to the next stream.  I'd say that there were many ways to keep hydrated during trips that we would never think of pre-nalgene/platy/gatorade containers....Hmmmm....

-----Original Message-----
From: Leslie Booher <lbooher@pure.net>
Sent: Oct 28, 2004 6:41 PM
To: Marsha <atrailhiker@adelphia.net>, Amy Skowronek <askowronek@mindspring.com>
Cc: at-l@backcountry.net
Subject: Re: [at-l] Re: Bladders, Was  water purification

>"Platypatch"?????? Wow. says Marsha<

I visualize this as a stick-on body patch that weans you from drinking so much water.  Therefore, you wouldn't have to carry so much, thus becoming more of a lite-hiker.  Or it could be something that you could stick on when you're really thirsty, but you're out of water in your bottle, sort of a stop-gap measure.  This concept has possibilities, huh?  anklebear