[at-l] at-l] OT: Red Sox - Win It For...

In a message dated 10/29/2004 4:32:39 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Slyatpct
writes:

Sorry, I guess I didn't realize thru-hiking was such a burden where  I needed
encouragement from others in order to finish.  I was just happy  to be out
there taking one day and mountain at a time and never once  considered quitting.

Sly

**

I guess I had more issues than you did. Pain & illness.
At times I was so sick & didn't even want to move, so I just followed  Wench.
I've told her many times, that her support and her "just being there" were
the reason I made it to Katahdin. She supported me on trail, & off  trail
when
I went to clinics, and saved my sorry butt from going off a ledge at least
once
(and picked me back up when I did go over one). Without her I never
would have made it to Katahdin, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Further responses to this topic will be made off list.

hotdog