[at-l] Water bladders and treatment

As with Grey Owl, I do not like water bladders. I
believe in the KISS principle and know too many people
whose bladers has leaked, have had their drinking tube
freeze in colder weather, etc. With a simple Gatorade
bottle and holster, able to drink frequently and fill
up my bottle frequently. Do not have to stop to take
off my pack, fill the bladder,etc. YMMV.

I prefer Gatorade type bottle to Nalgene because the
Gatorade bottles are lighter, less expensive and comes
with a drink. :D

As for water treatment, I've used Polar Pure in the
past. Used MP1 tabs by Katydn for my COlorado Trail
thru-hike. They are essentially the table form of Aqua
Mira. 10 tabs weighs .125 oz!

=====
--Thoreau
http://www.magnanti.com