[at-l] Southern Apps Leaf Peeping

I don't think you want to bother coming down south for the leaves.

Essentially, they turn a bit yellow, fall off and go to the ground. There
are precious few maples and other reds to brighten our palette.

I was up in Franklin and Waynesville NC this weekend, and found the colors
very disappointing. The locals tell me that there was too much water too
late in summer. Of course, we've heard that too little rain does the same.
If you look at the Smokies webcams, you will see what I mean.

http://www2.nature.nps.gov/air/webcams/parks/grsmpkcam/grsmpkcam.htm

http://www2.nature.nps.gov/air/webcams/parks/grsmcam/grsmcam.htm

OrangeBug
<the most vibrant color of Fall, gratis of Clemson>