use.net alum -- Was: [at-l] Introduction (Read at own risk)

I've been here since 1995 or 96.
Whatever the year before the Carlisle, PA Gathering was.
I've dropped off the list from time to time, when the flame wars got out of
hand,
but always came back.
It was a different list in the early years.
Not that there wasn't bickering, there was... It just seemed that it didn't
get as personal. Well, there was that whole AT-L/ATM-L thing... But over
all, it
was a friendlier list. The people on the list at the time (put Jim and  Ginny
at the
top of this list), really went out of their way to "prepare"  people for the
realities
of the AT (Not to say this doesn't still happen, you just have to sort
through a lot
more junk emails to find it). After much discussion my first year one the
list, I
went to my first Gathering in Carlisle, PA. I met many of the  listers,  went
the slideshows and classes. After that first year I went to as many
Gatherings
as I could get to, went to a few Rucks and Trail Days, and the rest is
history.
I was in the Air Force for 6 years, was a software developer for 13 years,
a software tester for 7, and got laid off late in 2002. When a  thruhiking
opportunity
presents itself, I take it. I successfully thru hiked the AT in 2003,  thanks
to years
of input from the people on AT-L.

hotdog
AT 03

In a message dated 10/26/2004 8:46:52 AM Eastern Daylight Time,