[at-l] Car Talk

Click and Clack often recommend the Forester, and Consumer Reports calls it the best "car-based" small SUV. I get about 27 MPG. A standard shift would better that slightly. I would have preferred a standard, but a local dealer offered a reasonable price and didn't have a standard on the lot. I needed to decide quickly, after I burned out my Plymouth van's engine, going to the MATC annual meeting, 18 months ago.

The seats fold down, which means I can carry eight-foot boards and 2x4s when I get the building bug. The folding seats also allow me to sleep at trail heads, when I arrive after dark.

Weary