[at-l] That Crazy Cot/Pack Again

At 02:45 PM 10/25/2004 -0400, RoksnRoots@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 10/25/2004 2:32:50 AM Eastern Standard Time,
>RoksnRoots@aol.com writes:
>*
>Nobody inquired, but my actual idea was not a foldable cot. It was a
>hybrid cot/backpack.
>*
>              He he. The only reason I'm not revealing my desert hydrogen
>balloon lift pack is because I haven't gotten around the wind
>vulnerability flaw
>yet. For lightweighters a hydrogen balloon pack that goes over your head for
>shade and sticks out far from the back would offset weight while shading from
>the desert sun. The only problem is the 5 pounds per square yard of gas
>lifting
>power would create a pack that would probably add drag as you walked to the
>equation. And it would need to be tied-down at night...
>
>*

Like Dave Barry 'I'm not making this up'... I once saw a photo (in Canoe
Magazine) of a guy who filled his flotation bags with helium. He was
walking along on a portage towing the canoe which was floating about 2 feet
off the ground. I presume that his weight was enough to offset the helium
when he got to the water. I shoulda kept that photo.